IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
An IPL photofacial helps to treat any photo damage on the skin. The IPL treatment is widely known to help diminish brown spots and any redness on the skin with minimal to no downtime. Most patients need 6 treatments to see a noticeable difference.
What to avoid before & after your treatment?
- Stop the use of all Salicylic and Glycolic Acids as well as any Retinol, Tretinoin & Retin-A for 3-5 days pre/post treatment.
- Staying out of the sun when the UV rays are at their peak as any chemical peels make your skin more photosensitive.
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment (includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, etc.)
- Some medications or supplements may increase the risk of bruising. Consult with your physician.
- Notify clinic with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an antiviral prescription prior to treatment
Depending on whether you are being treated for redness or brown spots your downtime will vary. Patients being treated for redness will have minimal to zero downtime. If you are being treated for brown spots, the pigmentation may come to the surface more prominently on the second or third day after the treatment. Those spots will have a texture similar to ‘coffee grounds’. We ask that you do not pick, scratch, or rub the spots as it can cause more discoloration. We do recommend for any laser treatment to stay out of the sun for 3-5 days after the treatment