Clear + Brilliant / Permea
Clear + Brilliant/ Permea is the first FDA approved laser to help improve appearance of pore size! Not only does Clear + Brilliant/Permea help with pigmentation but is a great laser to help with overall tone and textural issues. This laser is safe and effective on all skin types which is why it’s one of our most popular in office treatments. You’ll notice results after just one laser treatment but we typically recommend anywhere between 3-6 treatments every 2-4 weeks.
What to avoid before & after your treatment?
- Stop the use of all Salicylic and Glycolic Acids as well as any Retinol, Tretinoin & Retin-A for 3-5 days pre/post treatment.
- Staying out of the sun when the UV rays are at their peak as any chemical peels make your skin more photosensitive.
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment (includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, etc.)
- Some medications or supplements may increase the risk of bruising. Consult with your physician.
- Notify clinic with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an antiviral prescription prior to treatment
Most patients have a mild-moderate ‘sunburn’ look & feel anywhere from 2-3 days. On day number 3, your skin will feel very dry, similar to a fine sandpaper like texture. This is completely normal and should subside after the 7th day. We recommend moisturizing daily to help with this process.
The reason Clear + Brilliant/Permea can treat any skin type is the type of light energy the machine uses. It targets water in the skin and delivers a micronized injury to the treatment area. The small, controlled injuries heal within a matter of days helping to promote collagen. The Clear + Brilliant laser uses two energy wavelengths, 1927nm and 1440nm. Both of these are safe for all skin types. The 1440nm targets textural skin issues such as pore size and skin tone, and the 1927nm is used to address issues closer to the skin’s surface like pigmentation and dullness.
The entire face/neck/chest is treated in one 30-45 minute session. The arms, legs and back of the hands may also be treated very safely and effectively.